Psalm 129 Saepe expugnaverunt
- "Greatly have they oppressed me since my youth,"
let Israel now say;
- "Greatly have they oppressed me since my youth,
but they have not prevailed against me."
- The plowmen plowed upon my back *
and made their furrows long.
- The LORD, the Righteous One, *
has cut the cords of the wicked.
- Let them be put to shame and thrown back, *
all those who are enemies of Zion.
- Let them be like grass upon the housetops, *
which withers before it can be plucked;
- Which does not fill the hand of the reaper, *
nor the bosom of him who binds the sheaves;
- So that those who go by say not so much as,
"The LORD prosper you. *
We wish you well in the Name of the LORD."
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit:
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.