Psalm 132 Memento, Domine
- LORD, remember David, *
and all the hardships he endured;
- How he swore an oath to the LORD *
and vowed a vow to the Mighty One of Jacob:
- "I will not come under the roof of my house, *
nor climb up into my bed;
- I will not allow my eyes to sleep, *
nor let my eyelids slumber;
- Until I find a place for the LORD, *
a dwelling for the Mighty One of Jacob."
- "The ark! We heard it was in Ephratah; *
we found it in the fields of Jearim.
- Let us go to God's dwelling place; *
let us fall upon our knees before his footstool."
- Arise, O LORD, into your resting-place, *
you and the ark of your strength.
- Let your priests be clothed with righteousness; *
let your faithful people sing with joy.
- For your servant David's sake, *
do not turn away the face of your Anointed.
- The LORD has sworn an oath to David; *
in truth, he will not break it:
- "A son, the fruit of your body *
will I set upon your throne.
- If your children keep my covenant
and my testimonies that I shall teach them, *
their children will sit upon your throne for evermore."
- For the LORD has chosen Zion; *
he has desired her for his habitation:
- "This shall be my resting-place for ever; *
here will I dwell, for I delight in her.
- I will surely bless her provisions, *
and satisfy her poor with bread.
- I will clothe her priests with salvation, *
and her faithful people will rejoice and sing.
- There will I make the horn of David flourish; *
I have prepared a lamp for my Anointed.
- As for his enemies, I will clothe them with shame; *
but as for him, his crown will shine."
Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit:
as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.