Psalm 19 Caeli enarrant
- The heavens declare the glory of God, *
and the firmament shows his handiwork.
- One day tells its tale to another, *
and one night imparts knowledge to another.
- Although they have no words or language, *
and their voices are not heard,
- Their sound has gone out into all lands, *
and their message to the ends of the world.
- In the deep has he set a pavilion for the sun; *
it comes forth like a bridegroom out of his chamber;
it rejoices like a champion to run its course.
- It goes forth from the uttermost edge of the heavens
and runs about to the end of it again; *
nothing is hidden from its burning heat.
- The law of the LORD is perfect and revives the soul;
the testimony of the LORD is sure and gives wisdom to the innocent.
- The statutes of the LORD are just and rejoice the heart;
the commandment of the LORD is clear and gives light to the eyes.
- The fear of the LORD is clean and endures for ever; *
the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.
- More to be desired are they than gold, more than much
fine gold, *
sweeter far than honey, than honey in the comb.
- By them also is your servant enlightened, *
and in keeping them there is great reward.
- Who can tell how often he offends? *
cleanse me from my secret faults.
- Above all, keep your servant from presumptuous sins;
let them not get dominion over me; *
then shall I be whole and sound,
and innocent of a great offense.
- Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be acceptable in your sight, *
O LORD, my strength and my redeemer.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy
Spirit: as it was in the beginning, is now, and will be for ever. Amen.